Laser Incontinence treatment
IncontiLase™ is a patent-pending, non-invasive Er:YAG laser therapy for the treatment of mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence, based on non-ablative photothermal stimulation of collagen neogenesis, shrinking and tightening of vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia, and subsequently greater support to the bladder.
The indications for IncontiLase therapy are mild and moderate stress- and mixed-urinary incontinence (SUI). Preliminary clinical studies show that it is an efficient, easy-to-perform and safe procedure.
How does it work?
- Fotona's 2940 nm Er:YAG non-ablative laser with proprietary
Smooth-modetechnology thermally affects the vaginal tissue, stimulating collagen remodeling and the synthesis of new collagen fibers in the region of the vestibule and urethral orifice, as well as in the area along the anterior vaginal wall.
- The final result of collagen neogenesis is the shrinking and tightening of vaginal mucosa tissue and collagen-rich endopelvic fascia and subsequently greater support to the bladder and the return of normal continence function.
Unique advantages of laser incontinence treatment for patients
A major advantage of IncontiLase is that the procedure is incisionless and virtually painless, with no ablation, cutting, bleeding, or sutures. Recovery is extremely quick without need for the use of analgesics or antibiotics.
Usually two sessions are recommended to alleviate mild or even moderate stress urinary incontinence. No special pre-op preparation or post-op precautions are necessary. Patients can immediately return to their normal everyday activities.
Studies confirm that IncontiLase is an effective, safe and comfortable treatment option for symptom relief in patients with mild and moderate SUI.
Exceptional clinical results
Scientific results from clinical studies (see the Library tab) show excellent improvement for mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence.
- Almost 70% of patients are dry after 120 days.
- 120 days after IncontiLase treatment 94% of patients reported improvement and 68% of all patients claimed to be free of SUI symptoms.
- Improvement of SUI in all measured parameters.
- No adverse events noted in any of the studies.
What does it cost?
The cost is currently £1400 for 3 sessions.